Week of action on safety
Published: 14 Jul 2017
Logan City Council is joining with the Queensland Police Service (QPS) to make our city even safer.
The ‘Week of Action’ runs from July 17 to 21 and is filled with crime-fighting and community activities such as:
- Lock it or lose it car audits
- Chats with councillors and local police about community safety
- Information displays on personal and home safety
- A ‘pace car’ regulating speed near schools
- A sausage sizzle coordinated by Wolffdene Neighbourhood Watch at Windaroo Lakes Golf Club
These activities and many more will run across Divisions 4, 5, 6 and 12.
The Community Week of Action is a safety and crime prevention collaboration between Council and the QPS.
It engages community, government and non-government agencies from across the City to focus their resources and attention on safety matters.
“Council and QPS do all they can to make our city safe but they need your help,” City Safe Committee Chairperson Councillor Steve Swenson said.
“The Week of Action will give families, senior citizens and business owners all the know-how they need to protect themselves and the things they value.”
For more information visit https://goo.gl/gm7iZh