Daisy Hill lies to the north of the South East Freeway where urban subdivisions nestle into the hills of the Daisy Hill State Forest. The earliest European settlers in the area were the Dennis Family. James and Mary Anne (nee Markwell) Dennis selected 60 acres in 1868 and by 1882, had over 800 acres. This land was fenced and farmed by James Dennis who fathered eighteen children of which thirteen survived. He was also a lay preacher for the Wesleyan Methodist Church and a representative on the Tingalpa Board. Unfortunately he died unexpectedly at only fifty-one years of age. After his death in 1893 the huge estate was worked and kept by Mary Anne and her children until 1912 when 381 acres known as “Oakey Mountain” was sold. In 1914 Alf Shailer purchased 120 acres and then married Nanny Dennis. Two further portions were retained by the family. At various times owned by Joey Dennis (son of James), Frank Dennis and Sam Dennis (both sons of Joey and Lilly Dennis).
The first registered name of Daisy Hill was in 1905 when it appeared on the marriage certificate of Tilly Dennis to Robert Morrow. The name originated from the abundance of native daisies that grew in the area.
Other important early settlers were the Usher family who owned the land in the vicinity of Usher Park which was dedicated in 1977. The Ushers first settled in the area in the mid 1880s and called their property Norwich Vineyard. They grew grapes and Thomas Usher produced wine for sale. He also kept bees and grew many varieties of fruit. The Winnett family came to Australia on the same ship as the Ushers and moved to Slacks Creek a few years later. Elizabeth Winnett was teaching at the Slacks Creek School from the late 1890s through till about 1912. George Winnett was secretary at the Kingston Butter Factory from 1920 until the late 1930s. During the 1920s quite a little community had developed in Daisy Hill with Tom Harris' butchery, Fred Mollinhauer's blacksmith shop, William Howcroft the plumber and Watts timber hauling business supported mostly by farmers and fruit growers. By 1925 Syd Floate had taken over the butchery and his wife was the post mistress. Many more timber getters had moved to the district in the late 1920s and early 30s including Charles Ford, Alex Mullins and Alf Harrison. By 1940 Syd Floate was operating a carrying business and Mr Holzheimer had opened up a garage.
The Daisy Hill State Forest was originally gazetted as a timber reserve in 1874 and in 1917 was declared a State Forest. During this time the forest overseer managed the forest so that logging caused minimal damage to surrounding timber. Many ironbarks were felled to provide electric light poles. Other varieties include red ironbark, grey ironbark, white stringybark, tallow-wood, red mahogany, swamp mahogany, spotted gum, brush box, and grey gum. The forest was also used for honey production, gold mining and grazing. The goldmine was started in 1934 with a shaft of 425 feet sunk along the southern boundary of the forest. In 1986 it was declared the first State Forest Park in Queensland.