The suburb of Edens Landing was developed by Leighton Holdings in 1984-85. It was originally called Holmview Heights. It is named after early Waterford resident, Henry Eden, and was gazetted by the Place Names Board in November 1985.
Henry Eden was involved in the timber industry in the 1860s on the Logan River. In 1865 he wrote to the government to ask for permission to establish a punt and ferry boat. The ferry reserve was proclaimed on 23 November 1865 near the site of the current bridge. Eden had purchased four acres from Patrick Leo earlier that month, on the Beenleigh Road between Loganlea Road and the river. Eden was successful in obtaining the lease on the ferry on 24 November. He then ran another Ferry at Loganholme, further downstream from the current bridges, in 1866 on the property of Mr Buchbach. It was known as the Lower Logan Ferry or Holmes Ferry. By January 1869 Eden was pursuing timber interests in the Tweed River region and Mr Grimley had taken over the Upper Logan Ferry (Waterford). Grimley in partnership with Cox, ran the ferry and also established a cotton gin, maize mill and a small cordage works nearby. Grimley got into financial difficulties by the end of 1869, leaving Eden to resume responsibility for the ferry.
Eden moved to the Tweed River in the early 1870s. He selected land on the north bank of the river and built a small cedar house he named Ostia. He operated a shipping service which transported cedar from the Northern Rivers district to Beenleigh mills. A further land selection in the Currumbin Valley was named the Garden of Eden, which was located on the border crossing above Murwillumbah. He later returned to England to take up his inherited title of Viscount Eden.
The area was settled in the 1860s, with significant early settlers including Wilson Holliday and his family, who were involved in dairying and cultivation, on their property Sherwood. He became the clerk for both the Waterford and Beenleigh Councils during the time that they shared an office in Beenleigh in the 1880s and early 1890s. In 1869 a small Wesleyan Church was built on his property. It was opened on 22 March by Reverend Isaac Harding, and later moved into Beenleigh. Reverend Harding was relocated to Pimpama, where another church was built on land donated by Henry Jordan's family.
A map accompanying the request for the Waterford School indicated that apart from the Hollidays and the Berndts (who lived on the western edge of Bethania), there were five other settlers in the Edens Landing area in 1870. In fact the area was well settled as early as the mid 1860s with both German and English farmers who grew maize, and potatoes, and experimented with tobacco growing. In 1865 a pedlar Henry Bode was murdered by the occupants of a small hut on a property to the west of Holmview Road. Evidence presented in the subsequent murder trial, by property owner Alexander Beaton noted a landing place for boats in this vicinity, where the water was deep. Correspondent to the Queenslander in 1866 noted that Eden ran a ferry in this vicinity also.
The area remained a farming area until well into the late 20th century. The upgrade of the train services in the 1980s led Leighton Developers to pay for a station at Edens Landing, which opened in January 1986. The Edens Landing State School was opened in 1997.