Richard Tyson Wilson was a solicitor who took up land in the Maclean district in 1889. He named the district New Beith in honour of his wife Cecelia's home town of Beith. The family house was known as Logan Waters.
Sodens who ran an omnibus business in Brisbane had land at New Beith for resting their horses. They must have lived there at some point in time because Sodens ran the Teviot Junction Hotel in 1897-99. The hotel had been established by Isaac Nash in April 1880. John Soden initially settled in Coopers Plains in 1868 and after a disastrous foray into dairying he turned to shop keeping in 1879 and then in the 1880s saw a need for public transport. He had the mail run between Brisbane and Rocky Waterholes (Rocklea) in 1881. The Sodens established but routes across the southside.
When Isaac Nash was applying for his publican's licence in 1887, the Teviot Junction Hotel was described as incorporating six bedrooms, (apart from what is used by himself, his wife and two children), three sitting rooms, one bar, and four stables. It is possible this was a newer building than his original hotel. His license the previous year had been initially refused. At the same time, Daniel Slack also applied for a publican's license for a property at Greenbank, near the crossroads running to Upper Logan and Goodna. In 1888 Nash applied for a license for new premises in Jimboomba. This house was opposite the railway station and was to be known as the Station Hotel. Samuel Manning also applied to transfer his license to a hotel in Jimboomba at that time. John Grant took over the Teviot Hotel in 1889. It continued to change hands regularly until the turn of the century when it apparently closed.
A school was established at New Beith in March 1916, with Gladys Heany the teacher of 18 students. The school closed in 1951 as there were not enough children to keep both the Greenbank and New Beith schools open.
A number of sawmills operated in the region around Greenbank in the 1930s, including one at New Beith on Oxley Creek. Woodridge bullocky George Sirett recalled that the mill would buy up a batch of standing timber and then contract the local bullockies to fell, snig it and pull it out. Oxley Creek had some good blue gum, flooded gum and tallowwood. During the war years, timber-getters were not allowed to enlist, because timber was considered an essential industry. A lot of local timber was used for ammunition cases. The New Beith mill was moved to Runcorn in the 1940s.
The New Beith Hall had been used by the local Baptists since the 1960s to run Sunday School for local youth. It was sold and the money donated to the church in 1979. These funds allowed the purchase of an adjoining property to the Park Ridge church in April 1980. Eventually the house on this site was demolished to make way for a new church.